Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Rainy days

Its a typical hump day in Western Washington. The rain pays a visit off and on throughout the day and people walk around pretending they can ignore it. Coffee is sipped, hats are worn, hellos are exchanged. But don't get me wrong, these days are alive. Deep pockets are boiling with excitement, knowledge, opportunity...The smiles are sincere and potentials explored. I haven't written in a while (since I arrived here from California) and I don't think I will try to recall all that has happened, but I would like to start writing some more.

It feels good to be here. A lot is going on, but I have a handle on it all and myself and where I am standing in the midst of it all and what it all means in where I will be standing a few short months from now. Which will more than likely be somewhere completely different.
The opportunities are endless right now. The choices to be made: infinite. But I am not overwhelmed. I am excited about the small steps I have been taking and all that currently interests me. And the responses are encouraging and feed the excitement that much more.

But I am thankful for the position in which I am right now and try to ground myself within it. I am a wise, hopeful young woman in the midst of her last year of Undergraduate education. I am full of knowledge and smile as I strive for more. My interactions are plentiful and meaningful and my friendships full of love and appreciation. My daily challenges and decisions, though not trivial, are in the scheme of things, very blessed things to face.

I am happy, enjoying myself and learning to trust myself more and more everyday. What a fun adventure life and love can be.
Wheresoever you go, take your whole heart with you :)
~Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home