Friday, February 01, 2008

She

I am a puzzle
composed of parts of my father and my mother, naturally.
Their pieces fit perfectly snug together, hence they built a steadfast marriage.
but the picture they create is anything but predictable and sometimes strikes you as ugly, but quite a product that I think would baffle any takers to the challenge of piecing it together.
I think it would be most similar to one of those 3dimentional, castle-like puzzles: definitely not one you can frame and hang on your wall, all complete and containable.

I am my mother’s eye for detail and my father’s creativity. I am my father’s adventure and my mother’s need for structure. I am his risk-taking, embrace the unknown and her mellow, love for comfort. I am her let loose, be loved, laugh, ignore judgment…his perceive, his control, his create, his show, his tall wall. I am his active and her laze. I am her saneness and his craze. Her craze and his sane. His think her feel, his think…his think.

I am swirling, a bit lost, pulled, never pushed, lead, followed, following…

I feel like making popcorn, a fire, and playing the Life with Rose…while watching the Wizard of Oz, in the hottub, drinking lemonade, and playing Barbies.

I am my parents’ daughter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a smashing bit of oy'.....

February 4, 2008 at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home