Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Myopia--weekly reflection

What choices are facing you this week? rather odd, I think to have choices face you, rather than facing toward choices...being the object, rather than the subject...

Always, how I use my time: will I accomplish a task, or let it sit on a list of obligations that weigh heavily at times and at others, seem trivial. And what if there are no really pressing tasks to accomplish? how will I use this time? Will I put off something that does not urgently stare me in the face? How will I keep the perspective of time and change?

What will I give to the people around me: my full potential of kindness, attention, my best self? When faced with the opportunity to easily give less, will I loose energy and cheat myself and others?

What will I give to potential longer-term relationships? We are constantly faced with the opportunity let some go or to build upon what already exists. We are constantly faced with the choice to explore giving and receiving from newer acquaintances or to put up a wall and let it go undeveloped.

How will you face them? Centered and balanced or out of fear and anxiousness?
I tend to turn off, let thoughts go incomplete, undeveloped when it comes to a decision that has an outcome that I have less control over. I feel centered because I make up my mind and then don't question, but rather turn stone-like, unwavering. But this is most likely rooted in fear and the need for concrete determination.

Will you give yourself time to reflect and sink into your should and allow the answers to rise?

I often fight myself, like I should desire something different than I sometimes do or should create a different outcome than what I normally get, not accepting what is easy or most natural, but in a constant drive to achieve what is seemingly more challenging or just different. So sometimes I fight the thoughts I get, try not to be too analytical when I know I can alter a path with a decision. I can try to accept my natural states and tendencies and listen to what I am and desire without judgment or desire for change.
Change is not synonymous with improvement or advancement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home