Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Waking Life

I would like to watch that movie again. How long has it been...?...since that time in my life...6 years, I would guess. That movie can mark a turning point to my thoughts, priorities, hobbies, values...not that the movie impacted me to this extent, but I was exploring, growing, aware of more, excited for my potential and went to the theater to watch Waking Life. I think I went with some friends from college, perhaps all piled into Aaron's old maroon car: Kathy, Mike, Sodes, Bell and I...Perhaps that was the time I rode my bike from parkland to downtown during one of those dreary, yet inspiring overcast afternoons, getting a flat and taking the bus, to the...what WAS it called, that old theater? With the great coffee shop next door...I loved those mornings, afternoons, nights. Whether alone, with the company of a thought provoking companion, with a rowdy friend from the Spar, or with a group that could take on any discussion. At 3 am. At the 24 hr coffee shop, run over with studiers from colleges combined.

That movie was just a title to my blog, but thank you for the memories...!

The Waking Life. Been awake since 2. Bed by 11, awake by 2. Thinking till 4, writing till 5:30. Time to get up! The character in waking life dreams so well that he does not know whether he is asleep or dreaming, his conversations and thoughts are so vibrant. I am certain I am awake. And I am waking my life. Nothing better to do at 5 am than make 1 week to 10 year goals! If only the day lent enough energy to begin tackling them after a night with wide-open eyes.

Perhaps I will post them, though, thanks to an admirable move by Merv. Expose it all:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Minerva10616 said...

What a nerd - i'm such a nerd - when you said goals - i immediately looked to the side bar to see. Where are they, where Ash I can't find them. Then I returned to the blog and read on.. they're on the way.. oh I get it...

So funny you should talk about waking life. For me Waking life was a memory also associated with Bell and those guys that lived with him. I remember lying on the floor in the basement and I couldn't get the movie out of my mind for weeks - may have been months. But it's funny you mention it because I asked Phil just this weekend if he could remember the name of that independent movie theater in tacoma - we couldn't come up with it but we could for sure remember the SPAR - YES - lets meet there again some time - we'll tip the extra cute waitress loads just because. just because - i'm sending a hug with this post - love ya sis.

February 6, 2008 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies... the GRAND CINEMA!!!

http://www2.ups.edu/arches/2007Winter/the_grand.jpg
(fun pic)

Ashley, how nice to see you blogging again :)

February 11, 2008 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home