Wednesday, February 20, 2008

noxious

I bought my rat some food today and asked an employee of the pet store about some good stuff for him to chew on to keep his teeth healthy. Nobody wants a rat with unhealthy teeth and he doesn't take to chewing on the normal wood blocks or dense treats that look like bricks. I don't blame him. He doesn't like salt licks like other rodents. He probably gets enough salt from the food I give him, the woman, Tony, informed me. Then she asked me what I DO feed him. Oh, in addition to the compiled store stuff...lettuce, apples, crackers, cheese, you know rat stuff. CHEESE?! she was blown away. Crackers?!

Turns out that rats shouldn’t eat processed foods. They are bad for their health. Gives them cancer. Tumors. Go figure.

My folks are in Mexico in a house shared among friends. One room is left empty reserved for another couple that had to stay home. His current Chemo treatments just steal all his energy, make it difficult to travel.

I had to inform the Athletic Director of the High School that I just cannot make an emergency meeting for all coaches this Monday night. My friend's son has leukemia and is having a fundraiser for his medical expenses that evening.

I sit down now to a processed tortilla spread with philadelphia cream cheese, canned refried beans, and some non-organic salsa. Think I'll have a glass of breast cancer-causing wine afterwards.

and toast to a parasitic world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Minerva10616 said...

oh the world of panic and mayhem. Thank god margarita and martini's have been proven to prevent cancer of all kinds. Cheers to that.

March 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home