Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Who's Special? weekly reflection

What makes you feel special?
When someone calls me because they genuinely just want you to know something about them or their day...more so than when someone calls to see how you are: that always seems to have a self-serving twist...like they will feel good and gain something by checking in on a friend and maintaining the relationship. The specialness causing act seems less rationalized, without justification, based on pure desire to share themselves and they choose you to share it with.

Lattés in cafes with no agenda but only a paper to read

being good at something and knowing it sets me apart as an individual yet I have the capabilities to share it with a group and better a situation.

Well-made dinners on Friday nights with content company and good wine.

When I am kind to strangers

Going to the movies with a blanket



If I am special then________________...
I have a gift to share with the world. I have talents and qualities unique to me that are useful in the larger world.

I deserve to be loved.


When do you feel less than?

When I have to do something I don't want to do, have little say over, or receive little reward for. That's about it. I feel special most of the time and realize that my degree of this sentiment is very minimally affected by other people and their actions...don't get me wrong, those actions create other sentiments, sometimes great and welcomed, sometimes negative and more frequently than I would desire.



If someone is considered more special than me, what does this say about who I am?

If I desired truly the same desires as that person and thus what they have that sets them apart as special, I could work hard or focus my energy and become special in that way, time, or place as well. But one cannot be special in relativity to all things simultaneously. But I choose to be special in certain ways.

1 Comments:

Blogger Minerva10616 said...

Girl you are wordy some times but that's what makes you so darn special to me. Oh My Gosh this week the cereal factory was making everything known to man. I wanted to call you every time because i always always think of you when i smell the cereal. Love you.

March 1, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home